xoxo

xoxo

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Little Stinker

Kids say and do the darndest things! I've experienced this in my professional life many a time, but never in my personal life until now. This past Friday, Anthony pulled his very first ever "embarass Mommy" stunt! We were over at our friend Marilyn's home for brunch. The timing worked out perfectly where Anthony would just be napping while we were eating. Marilyn was even kind enough to let us use their pack n play. We put the playpen in their study; I gave Anthony his paci and his bunny and blanket and closed the door. He fussed for a few minutes, but quieted down after awhile. Before we sat down to eat I put my ear to the door to check on him. I heard him playing and talking in there, but since he wasn't crying I didn't go in--he would've started crying again if he had seen me. We had a wonderful and yummy breakfast--the best I've had in a long time (Marilyn, you're awesome!). Anthony was sleeping past the time he usually does, so I went in to check on him. This is what I discovered...






To my horror, there were all kinds of papers, receipts, envelopes, and other desk items all crumpled up in the playpen and scattered all over the floor!!! Anthony was sound asleep; however, his socks were pulled off and his pants were pulled off! Evidently in his busyness, he had discovered the (organized) paperwork on Marilyn's husband's (Eric) desk and decided it would be fun to play with. I'm not sure if this was before or after he pulled off half his clothes, but needless to say, I was completly shocked and felt sooooooo bad! I got Marilyn to come see and apologized profusely--she made me go get my camera to document the event. She is always so full of grace and forgiveness!!! What a sweet, sweet friend!
By the way, this was before he BROKE the beautiful glass vase and DESTROYED the plant in the entryway!!! (I think I'll crawl in a hole now!!!) Bad mommy alert!!! I guess I should've been watching him more closely! Marilyn, thank you again for your gracious spirit...We'll understand if you don't invite us over again for a long, LONG time!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Melanie, you are too funny! You are welcome anytime! We would love to have you back! I am sure that in a little while Andrew and Anthony willplan and plot together! I just think that it was hilarious! Anthony, tell your mommy that, "it's only just begun..."! :)

rachel said...

oh my word! that is the funniest picture ever! i love it-I am so glad your friend made you take a picture!

Mandy said...

Melanie!!! Are you preparing me with this picture? Is this what I have to look forward to??? Haha.. can't wait!