xoxo

xoxo

Friday, March 20, 2009

What a Wonderful Birthday!

Yes, that is a very sarcastic title! All I can say is it's a good thing it was his first birthday and not his fourth--we had a pretty rotten day (at least the first half!). Praise the Lord Anthony didn't know the difference! I decided to run some errands in the morning so that we could have the rest of the day for some birthday fun! Daddy was out of town for work, so I was determined to make Anthony's first birthday extra special--ice cream, the park, the works. We went to Sprouts to do some grocery shopping. I finally got all the food and Anthony loaded up into the car and began driving away when I heard ga-dunk, ga-dunk ga-dunk. "What the heck is that???" I thought, "and why isn't my car driving right???" I pulled right across the street into the Citibank parking lot, and saw my poor, pitiful flat tire!!! Of course it would happen--it's Anthony's birthday, Daddy's out of town, AND I have meat and dairy products in the car!!! Mind you, it's probably in the mid 70s already!!!





I called AAA, and told them I didn't have a spare tire. The only place I knew to look was the trunk, and Anthony's stroller is back there--no room for a tire, right? They sent a tow truck right away! I was really impressed with how fast they were. They took us right across the street to Firestone to get some new tires (we really needed four--not just one!)


Here's my baby in the (gulp) front seat of the tow truck! Good thing we didn't have to go very far! We don't ever do a paci in the daytime anymore, but since it was naptime, and it was going to be a LONG time before we made it home, I thought he just might go to sleep if I gave it to him--yeah, right! But boy, he sure looks tired. Once we got there, the guy tried to sell me--the poor, pitiful girl with a baby, all by herself--the "premium" tires and "lifetime alignment package" and what not. Whatever. I told him I just wanted his cheapest tires! :) He said sure I could have them, but they didn't have any in stock and it would be two hours before they could even get them in. Awww man!!!. I convinced the guy to let me put my meat and milk in their office fridge. Then I started calling every friend I knew--maybe SOMEONE could pick us up and get us the heck outta here! My friend Jenn saved the day! She came and got us, fed us lunch, and Anthony and Brody got to have a playdate!



Buddies



Aren't they cute together?
They don't quite know what to make of each other--another kiddo the same size and all...but they think it's interesing and fun!






We got to go to the park after all. So, at least the afternoon was salvaged. Here are the boys in the swings...Brody loved to swing, but Anthony preferred sitting still watching the big kids play nearby.





My angel baby! What a trooper!!! He's exhausted at this point, but he's been a very good boy.



And here's the best part!!! He wasn't thrilled with the swings, didn't care too much for the slide, but sit him down in the wood chips and watch out!!! This is the most fun we've had all day!!! Can I get some of these for our backyard?!? ;)

Oh, and by the way, I later found my spare tire...in the trunk, right where I thought it wouldn't be. You know those high-tech, under-the-floor-of-the-trunk compartments? Yeah, that's exactly where it was! In hindsight, I could've had AAA just change my tire. (Sorry, Dad--I know you showed me how to change my own tire back in the day, but I probably couldn't do it now if my life depended on it!). Oh, well--we needed to do it; at least we just got it over with. Four new tires...I won't be going back for a long time!!!

0 comments: